everyones a hero everyones a hero

Good start, but not quite NG material

This is a lot better than your average first-time stick movie. But theres a few things you need to work on.

1. FPS: 10 is just too low. For sticks I recommend you start with 18. And once you get better and have more patience move on to 20+ (30 is if you want to be REALLY pro)

2. Stick Style. You have the stick anatomy working well. However try moving away from the line tool a bit. Theres nothing WRONG with the line tool, but once you get to higher FPS brush-sticks just look so much more fluid.

Apart from that there isn't really anything to complain about. Good start and keep em coming!

Jc - mania Jc - mania

Please finish it!

This movie is great, I have no comkplaints at all except that you should probably finish stuff before submitting to newgrounds.

I love the way you mixed martial-arts style sticks in with weapons and some special effects (such as screen shaking and stuff) and it blended in so well!

Keep up the good work!

Black vs white 2 Finished Black vs white 2 Finished

Jcamelo: Re-inventer of the word "Stick"

First of all: Let me say this. You are a god in the way of Stick Animating. I have never seen a stick movie better than this (Although some of your other works come close).

Graphics: Absolutely outstanding. The special effects used looked extremely smooth and the Black/White theme was executed perfectly. I particularly loved the midair beatdown.

Style: No problems here. The whole mixture of stick fighting and DBZ-style blasts has been done to death, but this movie is so good it hardly classifies for the genre.

Sound: Great choice of Music. It fits in perfectly. None of the other sounds were anything special but they fitted in nicely.

Violence: Stick Violence is nearly always a 10 in my book :P

Interactivity: N/A
Humour: N/A

I've been trying to animate sticks for 3 months now with quite a bit of progress but after seeing this I realise I have a lot of work to do before I submit to newgrounds. This is a great movie.

One more thing, could you give me some hints on how to animate sticks well? Like what % to be zoomed in when drawing and how to make the actions smoother?

- colordefense - - colordefense -

It's too laggy!

Every time I get hit it lags for half a second and the next square will always hit me. Cut down on the particle effects or at least put a quality option in.

Coolio-Niato responds:

As I said in my commentary,

***You can change quality in the pause menu (press P)

REad man READ. =)

Be Unique Be Unique

Need a round timeout

Theres so many fuckheads that take forever to choose, give them 5 seconds to choose instead of as long as they want

Kempt responds:

:O) It's like women choosing clothes eh?!

Shape Invasion Shape Invasion

Good, cept for one thing......

The lag is shocking once you hit Lv25... and at 35 it was unplayable. However one thing I noticed, is that it lags badly even when very few shapes are on the screen, and I just have 1 rocket and my main gun. I have a suspicion that you are either creating a billion entities of the shapes before each level, or that the particle effects of the shapes exploding are not properly removed, either way thats really bad optimization, and its the only reason I can think of that im lagging with barely any instances on the screen at all.

(WF1) Jaded Midnight (WF1) Jaded Midnight

This is amazing!

Everything just fits so perfectly together, and I like the way it changes beats often to sort of mix it up.

Would you mind if I used this in the game i'm working on at the moment? I think it would fit it nicely :D

wyldfyre1 responds:

Sure thing you can use it i just ask that my name or nickname is put in the credits. GLad you like it and thanks for the great review =)

Advance Wars - Hawke's Theme Advance Wars - Hawke's Theme

Awesome!

Whoa this is fantastic!

It's completely different to the game version, but some of the theme is still recognisable.

Please do another one! (Eagles theme would be cool)

ShAdOxViRuS responds:

Thanks, this was my favorite CO, and my favorite CO theme music, so that's the only reason I remixed it. But if you want, I'll take a spin on Eagle's theme for you. Thanks for listening!